Monday, February 4, 2013

Macabre

I am intrigued by photography of the macabre, the spooky and the mysterious. I collect images when possible for eventual reuse in some fashion. These images are striking in their subject matter and the sheer jarring quality. Perhaps better suited for Halloween than Valentine's Day, but I digress...


There is something a tad unsettling about a crowd facing a camera all wearing masks. It's a tad Eastern Block/post-WWII. Das Boot!

This one is sort of funny and sad all wrapped into one. Is this Grand Central in NYC?

 There is always something appealing about derelict houses. This one reminds me of Scandinavia or perhaps Romania?



 Little Red Riding Hood?



 A foggy lane into the decrepit graveyard. I am thinking Scotland with this one.


Sort of funny, but alarming in an abandoned-amusement-park sort of way.


Speaking of amusement parks; very little can top the creepy factor than images of Chernobyl post-nuclear meltdown.





And for those fans of sci-fi - recognize this from Prometheus?



I will save the topic of ghosts for another post, but spirit photography can be quite interesting. The following two photos were taken in my home using a "ghost detector" that uses electromagnetic frequencies to captures anomalies in the atmosphere. I have many photos capturing white mist, black mist and lots of orbs.





Whoa...who is that in the background? Yikes!


No comments:

Post a Comment